Access Roadmap – Student Experience
As a student it may not always be clear how you can participate in an inclusive or Equitable Access model. The good news is that it is as simple as enrolling in the participating courses.
Inclusive Access Models are select courses will be participating.
Equitable Access Models are all courses will be participating.
Here are some quick steps to follow:
- Enroll in your courses. There may be specific communication about your Access program from the campus within the schedule of classes or your professor’s webpage or LMS (Learning Management System) site.
- Information on your course materials will be posted on efollett.com with any notes on Access participating and formatting. Your university or college may also have their own informational landing pages/websites.
Efollett.com sample course
- Digital materials (BryteWave eBooks or Courseware) will be available via link within your Learning Management Systems, emailed access directly to your academic Email address, or directions will be provided by instructor on how to log in to the publisher’s product directly on their site/URL.
- Some of these products may be delivered as activation codes either direct to email or physical codes to be picked up at store.
- You will receive an email from Follett if you have physical materials available for your program letting you know when they will be available for you to stop by the bookstore or other communicated locations and pick up.
- A Census or Last Date to process drops will be established and communicated by campus as the deadline to drop a course or Opt-Out of the program for a full refund of course materials Access charges.
- If an Opt-Out option is available, you will need to Opt-Out of the program before this Census date/Deadline. If you Opt-Out of this course materials program, you will be on your own to acquire your course materials.
- Your Program will send an email with links and directions to your program’s Opt-Out Customer Portal.
- Your Campus will provide specific directions on how you can request to be Opted-Out of the Access program.
- If you have physical material, you will need to contact your bookstore to confirm the return and opt-out process.
- You will see this message from the opt-out portal if you have physical material that needs to be processed/Returned. Copy Info button and share that detail with your campus store to finalize your Opt-Out Request.
If you continued in the program and did not Opt-Out, you will have a course materials charge at a significant savings, billed to you by your university or college.